Buddhist Action Month is a time for taking your practice off the cushion and into the world. It’s a time for reflecting on the form our compassion takes, for celebrating what we are already doing and for asking ourselves to do more.
BAM was founded by the Network of Buddhist Organisations in 2012. Individuals, groups and centres take part in June each year. Initially a UK initiative, groups from across the world now take part.
The theme for 2018 is Climate Action.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be updating this page and the Facebook group, releasing resources (including an updated handbook) and so on.
What you can do now:
- Start talking to your local centre or group about Buddhist Action Month
- Go to the BAM training day on the 23rd February
- Connect with exiting groups involved in climate action
- Get resourced – learn more about climate breakdown and what we can do about it
- Join the BAM Facebook group
- Download our event planning guide